Promotional T Shirts, if done correctly can be a very effective method of advertising. It is important to plan well ahead, to be organised and clearly understand what your need to get from the campaign.
My best tip of the day is to use white t shirts with a design made to go on to a white t shirt. But more importantly that it is specifically designed for your campaign to generate the maximum exposure and impact. Specifically designed and printed t shirts are a very effective method to promote and advertise your business, products or organisation.
Just think of how long these products will be out there working for you, they are walking talking billboards.
Further I don’t mean to harp on this but if your promotional t shirts are of good quality with a greater modern design they will be used by the people you gave them to, which ultimately is what you want and desire.
Here are my best 5 tips for your success:
- Consider what you will need to do with them and who you will be giving them to, who you’re intended demographic? This itself is a very important, (for example, if you are holding a workshop for new born parenting, you may want to give the parents a newborn size t shirt with your logo and product on it, but the question is will they use it, or will they just toss it aside because they see it as an ugly piece of advertising, not to be worn by their beautiful baby.
In this situation the product is for a newborn baby, but the intended for the newborn parents. Therefore when you consider promotional t shirt you need to make it appealing to the person as this is who you need to influence.
- Give yourself plenty of time don’t think that you can just slap the whole project together in a few days, there are many things to consider, and the chances are if you have to rush and make decisions on the fly, something will go wrong.
- There are several different methods of printing to consider, each one has its own benefits and pitfalls. Heat transfer is a very easy and quick method to print t shirts the quality is excellent, it producers vivid colours with very little setup time required. The only pitfall is that this method can only print on to white t shirts.
Digital direct to garment printing, makes use of what is essentially a specially designed inkjet printer, simular to your home printer it inkjets your design on the t shirt. This method has the ability to print on to white and coloured t shirts, depending on the type of printer being used.
Screen printing process: This is possibly the most cost effective process if you are printing a large amount of t shirts. The pitfall with this process is the turnaround time can be lengthy and it could take several weeks from the time order and delivery.
- Choosing the t shirt: This is important, the first thing to keep in mind is the purpose of the t shirts, if you intend to sponsor a junior sporting team then look at the different sporting styles t shirts available, or perhaps you would consider different t shirts for men, women and kids. Remember it is all about getting everyone to use them.
- Choosing a supplier: Provide a detailed brief of what your requirements are, include the style of t shirts, the brake down the sizes by male female and kids, specify were the printing is to be placed on the t shirt.
Include special services you may require like design or delivery, or perhaps send a proof of the design as a file. The more information you provide the less likely something will go wrong. Finally if something is unclear with a quote follow it up and clarify.
Be well organised and know the market and purpose for the promotional t shirts. Be well organised and give yourself plenty of time to get the job done well.
Consider the different printing methods, heat press transfers are a great if you need to make 10 or 20 t shirts in a hurry, but it can only print on white t shirts, the same could be said for the direct to garment digital printing process, also good for fast turnaround and is suitable for short to medium print runs. Screen printing is generally only cost effective for long print runs, for several hundred at a time.
Choose appropriate t shirts that meet with the target of the promotional market.
Provide a detailed brief to your supplier and clarify any part that may not be clear to avoid misunderstandings and mistakes.
So there you go five simple tips to help you get the most from you promotional T Shirt campaign.
Contact us for details on your promotional t shirts needs at T-Shirts Direct